May 09, 2014

Downtown Olympia, Greece

Downtown Olympia
Downtown Olympia
Downtown Olympia
So, I did run downtown Olympia for a quick look.  It's a sweet place.  It was not quite lunch time although some tavernas were beginning to get customers.  I do wish we'd had the chance to roam through the town, but I had to be back for the bus.  As things went, we climbed back onto the bus and stopped only about five minutes drive away to a prearranged luncheon spot that the buses tour prepares.  We paid extra for our own lunches although breakfast and dinner were taken care of.  Bringing a hoard of people to a place and having 30 people arrive all at once isn't easy for a restaurant.  So, the tour arranges the stops ahead.  They also took us to particular souvenir shops.  One could easily pull back and not buy anything, but people did buy souvenirs in various places.

At the restaurant just beyond Olympia, another large group was being entertained by dancers.  We naturally got to see them also and some of us began to do the Zorba the Greek dance shoulder to shoulder on the patio, which I took the time to learn before coming.  How glad I felt to be able to do a little dancing with some learned skill.  It was a marvelous moment and I have no photo of it because I was busy dancing.

Lunchtime Dancing
Downtown Olympia





The Go Tours Bus